Saturday, June 22, 2013

Advice I wish I had been told before going to Africa

I will be sharing stories for all of these in future posts, so be sure to subscribe to my blog to not miss it, but here is a list I worked on while in Africa, of things I wish I had been warned about.

Advice I wish I had been told before going to Africa:
-Ask someone if funny noises you make may mean anything.



-Holding babies is wonderful, but don't wear clothes you like.


 -If you plan on going to Sunday church, pack something elegant.




-If kids start laughing in your presence...you are doing something wrong.



-No matter how hard you try, kids will not smile for the camera. They are taught to frown for the camera.



-Bring anti- fungal cream for yourself.



-Pack a flashlight, no matter what conditions you think you are going to.





-You will be called "Muzungu"....alot...



-When using "squatty potty" make sure you don't have anything in your pockets.



No comments:

Post a Comment