Saturday, May 4, 2013

Packing


My suitcase all packed and ready for Africa
I guess this is how I will start my detailed updates on my trip to Uganda.
I worked 6 a.m. to 2:30p.m. today. When I got off work, I hurried to Walmart to get some last minute supplies: duct tape, another box, bug spray, and trail mix.

I was back to campus at 3:30, and then met with the girls of the team at 4:00.

We had to show our outfits we were packing, to be sure they were appropriate for Ugandan culture; skirts and dresses only, nothing tight.

Also found out the itenerary: Minnesota, Netherlands, Rwanda, and then finally Uganda.

My room, not quite so packed
I am packing up my room. It's been a 2 day process, and I still have a long way to go. I am required to be fully moved out by 12 tomorrow.

I have 7 sleeps left in the USA until we board a plane across the world.

Well.... I should get back to packing!

No comments:

Post a Comment