Saturday, August 11, 2012

I made it to Oklahoma!

4 days and 2,000 miles later, I've made it to Oklahoma. We went through Texas for about two hours (another state I have thought about settling down in) I love the weather here so much! It is hot, so hot, and yet windy to cool you off. You can see for miles because it is so flat. But the trees add just enough green to make me not miss the Oregon color. One thing I can say I very much DISLIKE is the big giant bugs here. The campus is a lot better at keeping them out than this KAO site we are parked at in a tent for the night.


I can't get over how beautiful the sky is here! It's so big! The sun set was so deep in rich color, it looked like a ball I could just pluck right off the sight and hold in my hand. At night the stars feel like they are wrapped around me. From one edge of the horizon to the other, I stand in awe.
The crickets are so loud in the night, it sounds almost like a melody. I can understand why so much music is written out here.


Tomorrow is move in day. The school emailed me a schedule of the day, and they have it filled with activities. What more can I say, than, I am so excited for what the future holds!

No comments:

Post a Comment