Monday, March 4, 2013

Sylar

Today is a day I want to remember all my life. I am now the president and co-founder of a 501c3 non-profit organization. Two years ago I teamed up with 6 others to create an organization that would help save children. All 7 of us had our lives forever changed by one little guy, Sylar Newton.
We live all through out the nation, and only met after each of us had our hearts broken by Sylar's story.
Together we held a 1 and 2 year anniversary memorial for Sylar, who had his life taken away by child abuse. Together we spread awareness of how to prevent child abuse, and together we rallied support for 3 children hospitalized by abuse.
This day we got word that we are a fully functioning IRS approved charity.
Before Sylar, I never would have imagined this day. This little guy who I never met, made me a better person. He was only here for 2 years, yet he has left a lasting impression on me, and countless others.

No comments:

Post a Comment